Sunday, August 12, 2012

What good can I do with this thing?

I love reading blogs. All kinds of them. There are blogs about pancake construction and crafting and Peeps dioramas. Blogs about families and writing a blog and special needs. One of the blogs I read by Mr. Lady , got me to thinking today. She had been invited to be one of several bloggers to benefit a charity involved with immunizing children. Every comment left on a particular post would result in $20 being given to the organization. That is pretty spectacular, in my opinion. But she has a much wider audience and is a practiced and gifted writer. I have my 12-30 blog hits/day(110 on a Pizza Inn day), but not a huge following. Heck, I barely have a classroom's worth of a following, but a wonderful group they are. I just wish I knew how to do some good with this thing.

I can tell people how a childhood friend's life was saved from leukemia by St. Jude's. That my friend can walk and function normally today as a result of The Shriners. Someday I will find a way to use this medium as a way to help others. Until then, take some time to help out fellow creatures. If it is supporting your little neighbor's lemonade stand to raise money for the Humane Society or collecting blankets for the preemies a your local hospital. It all matters. Someone will benefit from your selflessness.

And after that, go look at the pancakes.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment