Thursday, August 30, 2012

Scrimmage número dos

S had another scrimmage tonight and again was goalie for the first half. She gave up one goal which, in my mom opinion, was not her fault. Again it was very stressful and awkward to watch her in the goal. I am extremely competitive but am very guarded in my outward expression of that. My cheers of encouragement tend to sound more like the muffled cries of a wookie while ripping a droid's arm off. When she dives for a ball, I wince and duck my head. It is high stress stuff, enhanced by the constant "I'm hungry, I'm bored, I don't have anything to do, who can I play with..". They forget that we have to sit through their games, too, but oh well. I fear that between my wookie cheering and my children's constant expressing of their opinions, my spectator friends will relocate their sports chairs to another part of the sideline.

I currently am helping cut items out for a school project while watching The Exorcist. Not only is that just a messed up mixture of activities, but the felt I am currently cutting is the same color as the pea soup puke that comes out of Linda Blair's character. It makes the project prep a little more exciting that way. Or gross.

On that note, I will sign off. My head is hurting and my eyes are getting heavy. I need to watch some happy, peppy show or I will have an interesting night of sleep. Ghostbusters it is...


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment