Monday, August 6, 2012

At a loss for words...unusual

As time winds down to the start of school, the end of break blahs are coming on with a vengeance. S is terribly nervous about starting middle school. G is worried about people laughing at her glasses. The boy cannot wait to choose his own food in the cafeteria. I am worried about how I'm going to keep everybody straight and get them to the right places. The tension is so thick...yes, you can cut it with a knife.

I succumbed to the peer pressure of being a parent of a middle schooler and bought S a pair of shoes simply because I had heard that all the girls her age wear them. I'd be kicking myself if I hadn't had a coupon, but I still am mad at myself for caving. She does look awfully cute and is very proud of them, so I'll chalk it up to lesson learned. Sigh.

In the category of "Totally random ways to end a post": while taking S to Bible Study this morning, I saw every pilgrim's fantasy...Butterball's dream:



Where's the baster?
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment