Monday, August 20, 2012

Goalie moms need drugs!

My oldest had her very first middle school scrimmage tonight. Insert the sounds of me dry heaving here. I love to watch a good soccer game. Heck, I love to watch a bad soccer game, but I love them even more when the perceived danger to my child is relatively low. So you can just imagine my joy when I looked up at the girls setting up to play and saw my child in the goal. My child...with the goalie gloves that make her look like she has Mickey Mouse hands. At one point they made an attempt on goal, she went for the ball and got a hand on it while on the ground. Then the opposing team kicked it out of her grasp, she grabbed it again and wrapped her body around it. Luckily the opposing girl just missed kicking her head. I don't think I took a breath at all. I looked at the woman next to me. "Is she yours?". "Yes.". "You look like you need some special medicine.". "Yes I do....I think I'll pass out now.". She played the first half in goal and then midfielder for the second half. She got bold, experimented with giving as good as she was getting in the aggression department. It was interesting to watch. Then she accidentally tripped a girl who then fell on top of S who then hit her head on the other girl's cleat. The other girl cried, the ref should have blown the whistle, S stayed to check on the girl and then got yelled at to continue playing. Mommy needs some special medicine. I have yet to find out what that is, but if this was dull compared to regular play...I need to find out soon.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment