Sunday, August 5, 2012

Mama's still got it...

Today was day three of fun with the VA cousins. Sadly they will be returning to the Old Dominion tomorrow and the fun family time will be over. After working a hectic but fun morning at church, I came home to sit for a few minutes. The family then changed into swim gear and went to the aunt and uncle's house. Ice cream sundaes awaited us, a virtual sugar wonderland for the kids to dive into....before the actual swimming. Thank goodness they had a full afternoon of physical activity to burn off the rush. My aunt and uncle's neighbors have a pool that they generously allow us to use every summer when the cousins come. The added bonus is that they have a diving board which provides extra entertainment. I know I am a big girl, but sometimes I think my children believe I have no abilities other than the usual cooking, cleaning, laundry, taxi driver superpowers that many moms have. So when I dove off the diving board, like I do every year, they stared at me as though I had sprouted a third eye. I am a fair swimmer and have fairly competent lungs. Apparently that is shocking. I caught the boy off the diving board, I chased people around the pool, threw them at their request. I got to be fun mom for a change. It's good to humble their little hearts and remind them the I can still do some things.

I just probably won't be able to lift my arms and legs tomorrow....

On a completely different subject, our new guests are making lots of progress. Their home looks like a science fiction novel that has come to life:



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment