Friday, August 3, 2012

Home spun fun...no that's my head spinning..

We journeyed to the shrine of the patron saint of Tennessee today...Dollywood. I only slightly jest. Dolly Parton is one of the shining jewels of our state. A great person, gifted beyond belief and generous beyond measure. A true class act.

The Virginia cousins are in town and so we all met up to ride the Wild Eagle wing coaster, first of its kind in the country, eat some overpriced greasy food and just enjoy being with family. With this always comes prime people watching...and clothes watching. I know I am no fashion plate and, after stuffing myself in those coaster seats, know I need to lose about three people's worth of weight. But I have never been so happy to be such a bland dresser. Here are some observations on the day.

1. Undergarments really should not be a substitute for actual clothing. I know in the heat a girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do, but wow.

2. Hey guys? Can we avoid the tshirts that require an overly adult conversation with your kids to explain their meaning? Tshirts like:



3. I am a psychology major and am fascinated by every mental disorder in the DSM IV-TR. But, dude with the Satan goatee and sideburns, come on:



4. Of course, just for kicks, the always classic:



5. I know I am very aware and critical of my body and appearance, even when I had a good one, but I have always been extremely modest. Maybe I am just jealous, but pregnant ladies? The bun's already in the oven. Cover it up and let it simmer slowly...I'm so afraid that baby is going to get burnt with a only a bikini top and shorts on to protect it for 10 hours in a park.

6. Lastly, I'm a fan of body art and wish I had the guts to get some myself. But, please really think about what goes on your calf or bicep. Well, maybe considering your artist is a better idea. Make sure your artist knows the celebrity you are asking them to ink. Dolly wants no part of a bloated version of herself walking around her park on someone's calf. Come on.

I'll shut up now. I'm so perfect...ha ha HA! I wish I had the guts these people did. Maybe someday. For now, I'll just work on myself...but dude, get rid of the pink tee.
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment