Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Lots of emotions

Today was the first day, well half day, of school for my girls. G had no need for my presence when walking into school this morning. She's an elementary school upperclassman now, one of the big kids. Her sister walked into middle school on her own for the first time this morning. My stomach gurgled as I watched her lug her 50lbs of school supplies up the long walk to the school building. She just looked so small and vulnerable...no longer the safety patrol fifth grader. Just another sixth grader in a sea of tweens. A humbling thing to see, I must say. Tomorrow my baby goes to school for the very first time. Excited doesn't begin to describe his emotional state at this point. I am not ready for this little guy to go to school. He has been my right hand man, my partner in crime for five years. It is his time now. Time for him to grow and learn and charm his teachers. It is heartbreaking, but I am so proud of the boy he is now and can't wait to see the man he becomes...just slow it down a bit.

Lastly, a dear family friend since I can remember got a diagnosis of pancreatic cancer. Results should be back tomorrow as to how far it has progressed. All I ask is that you remember her in your thoughts and prayers. Miracles happen every day and sad things happen every day. Not to bash my beliefs over anyone's head, but I have to believe God uses even the worst of circumstances to make us better people. Lots of times it takes us a while to get to tha understanding, but I have to believe it. It is the only way I can make it through. Please pray for our friend and her family. They mean so much to us.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

1 comment:

  1. Oh, gosh. I'm so sorry to hear that. I will certainly add her in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete