Friday, August 10, 2012

School's back in session....almost

Between last night and today at 5pm, we have learned a lot about what our children will be up to for the coming school year. We have learned of teachers and teams and classmates and courses and portals for the last 24hours and I am exhausted. We all are. As Tom Petty said, "The waiting is the hardest part...". I am thankful for a husband who handles these times in a different manner from my own. That manner can sometimes infuriate me, but boy things happen for a reason. All things aside, I was worried because one of S's best friends was on a different team from her at school. This means that they will not have any classes together this year...which made me extremely sad. But as I have been writing this, I received word from another mom that one of her twins will be with S. They have been together since the big K, so hearts are happy all around.

On a completely different note, I will briefly say that our Wednesday trip to the land of Dolly was lovely. The kids had a wonderful time with the hub's cousins and aunt. They truly love children and were so loving and accepting of ours. It was so nice to see. We saw, as always, some very strange people. The heat brings out the strange which is always entertaining. Piercings and tattoos that never should have been appeared like swarms of gnats in the summertime- you couldn't escape them. Just an overload of the senses. I was still, as always, impressed by the house that Dolly improved(Silver Dollar City built it). Her employees are always so friendly and the park is always nice and clean. That being said, I can do with a break from the place for a bit...although I crave her root beer floats. Mmmmm mmmm.

I will leave you with this....cousin love, pure and simple:



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment