Sunday, April 10, 2016

Oh to be like him...

I know people are going to get tired of me talking about our weekend experience with Roy Buchanan, but I have to say that I respectfully do not care too much. I've gotten to meet a lot of people in the mission field and those who devote their lives to the purpose of helping others and I consider that a great privilege. Ray Buchanan is truly one of the kindest, most humble men I have ever met. He is someone who takes his charge to feed the hungry and end world hunger in his lifetime is real and I believe he can do it. From my husband on down to the boy, we have all decided that we would like him to be our next door neighbor. The first Stop Hunger event inspired us so that we all wanted to quit our jobs and go share the story and inspire and teach others about feeding the hungry. The fact that there is such a chain of positive events that are set off when children know they can rely on a meal and some quiet in their bellies is inspiring and heartbreaking all at once. I just can't get it out of my mind. Haunting and uplifting all at once. If you ever have a chance to hear his story, any of them, please treat yourself.

Night all.



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment