Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Worn out from the Woods

The two youngers went for our church's conference day at Camp Wesley Woods today. I have said many times that I consider Wesley Woods a little piece of heaven on earth for sure. They had a good time, I think. After I got them home, they took their wet and dirty clothes down to the basement, went upstairs and took showers and were in their pj's by 4:30. The boy is leaving Sunday to go for his very first stay all by his lonesome without a buddy or anybody. He is so excited but SO nervous. He kept saying that today's trip was to scope the place out and decide what to get really excited about. He's so funny.

I have to say that I am so proud of him and his sisters. They don't have lots of friends who are big into camp and so they have been dropped off at a camp with few or no familiar faces but the ones driving away. I think it is pretty brave thing and a pretty big leap of faith to know they will be okay when we are gone. Camp friends are always so fun and often times the hardest to part with after your intense and concentrated time together. I hope this will be an experience that will be merely the beginning of a lifetime love of camp. I know he'll be fine...I'll probably cry the whole way home. Better stock up on car kleenex.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment