Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Back from the Woods

G and I picked up the boy from from camp today. When we found him, he was dressed in sweat pants, a tshirt(which I think he wore every day) and a zip up hooded sweatshirt "zipped and hooded". Not a huge smile on his face; he gave a little wave and waited for us to come to him. My immediate thought was did he have an awful experience? Was he furious with us? He told us camp was fun and then lifted up his pant leg to show HUGE mosquito bites all over his leg. This was not a shocker. Those bugs think he is about the tastiest thing ever. I signed the appropriate paperwork, picked up his Singulair, swore an oath that I ws his mother, got his camp picture and we hit the road. We di make sure to get pictures with his counselors before we left.






He and G caught up on family events, camp activities and sibling secrets. They shared a snack and then discussed how the boy really needed to have a good long sit in the bathroom. The conversation quickly deteriorated to the "movement" habits they have at camp and school and thei discommfort with knowing people know what they are doing in the bathroom. Needless to say, I think he lost a good three pounds when he left the bathroom.

G leaves Thursday to have a stay at our local university for goal keeper's camp. She is super excited and has had her bag packed for at least a week. I think it is either going to cement her love of being a goalie or kill it quickly. We'll see.

Until she leaves, I will soak up the time of having all my heartbeats back together under one roof...even if it is full of drywall dust and looks like a bomb destroyed the downstairs.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment