Monday, June 16, 2014

My nails are gone

After a busy day at work, the kids and I ate lunch and rested a bit...well, I did. For whatever sick reason, the kids decided they really wanted to give the dog a bath. Yes she did need one because she really did reek of dog, but they have yet to experience the nightmare that is "Bath Day for Copper". I have owned many a pup in my day and never have I had an animal who fights a bath quite like this one. The hub and I have given her two in her life at our home. Honestly, I hadn't completely recovered from her late April/early May one. You ever see a crocodile go into one of those death rolls on a nature program? Just change the color to brown and add hair and a garden hose. The neighbors must have thought there was some sort of domestic assault in progress. There was a lot of yelling and "Get out of her way!" and "Watch her tail in your face!" and "I think she has broken my back...I shouldn't be wrestling a dog!" kind of comments. After a good fight and extensive shampoo covereage of both canine and human, she finally stayed still and let us finish the job, refusing to look us in the eye until we plied her with Pupperoni and scratches on her back. After she was sufficiently dry to reenter the house, we brought her in to recover from the ordeal and try to rehydrate.

After eating our dinner, we brought her in to watch the USA v GHANA World Cup match. She conked out in record time and stayed that way even with us screaming "GOOOOAAAAAALLLLLLLL" and yelling at the television. She is still wiped out, currently running in her sleep...probably from mean humans and a green garden hose. Poor thing.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment