Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Farm girl at heart

I have always said that I want to live on a piece of land consisting of many acres, at least three dogs(yellow, black and chocolate labs), have some chickens, a pig named Wilbur, a nanny goat named Billie, a house with a wraparound porch, a barn, flat areas for a regulation croquet and soccer field, a skeet range and a garden that is massive so I am able to can and put things in my root cellar. Nothing too specific really, cough cough. I went out to the garden today to see how things were progressing in the ag experiment in the backyard beds. My first attempt at an eggplant is coming along. It is a Japanese eggplant and looks more like a purple zucchini:



'Tis a bit dirty from the rain shower we had today, but so cute. If all of the blossoms on the cukes come in close together, I am going to have to make pickles or something. We may have to have lots of high tea parties with little cucumber sandwiches.



I forgot to get a tomato and squash picture and the peppers just look like peppers. If everthing comes in as it should, I should have copious amounts of salsa and gazpacho. Not a bad thing. Look on your doorstep for a rubbermaid container...I may ring your doorbell and run.

Tomorrow we go to the ENT to have S's preop appointment. She is feeling pretty bad and is really looking forward to getting this sinus surgery party started. That's pretty bad when a kid says that. Just say a little prayer that she can make it a bit longer. Until then, we'll just keep her comfortable and continue our cuke watch.
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment