Friday, June 13, 2014

Well, crud

For our seasoned church camp veteran who has stayed a week each summer for the past three years, I figured this soccer camp in town would be no big deal. Church camp is a good hour away with no AC and bath houses that are a walk away. Here she is in a dorm with a nice bed and AC, snack machines and a microwave/fridge in her room. This afternoon a thunderstorm came through which I knew would scare her to death. She texted on her friend's phone and asked us to call because she missed us. I knew it had to do with the thunder. We talked her down and told her we would come tonight to watch their open practice. As we drove from one part of the stadium parking lot to the other, she apparently took a shot to the head from some boys messing around. I think she would have handled it better had she not known we were there. We talked to her and she went back out to play. The hub checked her and made sure he felt she was okay. She participated in the rest of practice with no problems.

As I prepare for bed, my cell phone starts to ring. It is G, crying her eyes out. I consoled her as much as she could take from me and handed her to B. He chatted with her, told her she needed to go to bed and try to sleep. I know after three work sessions a day that she is exhausted. She has always been a sleeper and one who cannot handle deficits in her sleep bank. Just say a little prayer that she makes it through the rest of camp. We will not go visit tomorrow. I appreciate their invitation for families to come watch, but I will not take them up on it again. I want it to be a good experience. And she has another week of camp coming up soon. Pray hard for her. She's a neat kid and I want her roommates to know that child and not a fretful one.

Can someone punch me in the nose and put me out for the night? Yeesh.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment