Friday, June 6, 2014

Dusty dust dust

Day two of the major mess of the remodel. Holy dustballs, Batman! Our very efficient and sweet hearted drywall guys arrived to start work at 7am. The hub and I had worked until 2am, so one of us was in a fog and one was ready to go. I will admit that I was the foggy one...4 hours of sleep or less is not a recipe for my success. B spoke to the guys and our friend, Les, and then left to go to the dentist. I began the process of trying to empty the demolition trash into the bagster so we wouldn't have to take 17 van loads of crud to the dump. Here is the last picture I took of it before I was sent on an errand to Home Depot:



It is about one to two feet taller on the top now. We needed some more room to work in the garage, so I got a second bag. I'll probably fill it tomorrow. The electrician and his son came back today. What a delightful pair they were and how I would like to hug their necks for this:



We will finally be able to run more than just a mixer or a crock pot or a toaster oven, but only one of them, at a time. He told me that I could run the microwave and 4 deep fryers if so desired. I told him I'd have to buy a deep fryer first, so he said toaster oven could fill in that blank. Three outlets just on my countertop workspace. Heaven. I really have no words. I get teary...almost. He also wired for the undercabinet lighting which will be so very nice:



It'll be bright enough to do surgery in there.

The kids have had their wings clipped again today, sequestered to the upstairs portion of the house for a little more freedom. G got her Lego and craftiness on in her captivity. Very well done, I should say:






All in all a very productive day. If we can just get this drywall done so the dust can finally lear out. It is on everything; a fine covering to make all of us crazy:



Forward progress is being made and I am grateful for the hard working men and women who have helped make it so much easier. Now to bed.
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment