Saturday, June 7, 2014

The eve of first camp

My sweet baby boy is leaving for camp tomorrow afternoon. I am a bit nervous. There are no worries about the camp or their ability to take care of him. There are no worries about my son and his ability to take care of himself within an age appropriately supervised environment. It is just hard to think he is now old enough to go away to a place that has no family members to hug him when he hurts himself and kiss him before he goes to bed. Will he lose his glasses in the river or on a night hike? Will he wet the bed accidently because he is so exhausted and doesn't wake up? We can only prepare him as much as possible and pray that his counselors can help him if he stumbles. I've packed him to the best of my ability:



Hopefully he has enough clothes and proper footwear. We have loaded him up with hidden notes in his luggage like this one:



I think he'll enjoy them...if he has time to read them. Keep 'em busy and then they won't have time to get homesick. I'll miss him more than he'll miss me. That's the way it should be.
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment