Sunday, January 26, 2014

What a chomper!

Our insane dog has been losing teeth left and right. I will not complain since those things are so flippin' sharp. When our dearly departed Cosby was a puppy, I used to find that her baby teeth were loose and would catch her and pull them out when they were hanging by a thread. After a while, she knew I was coming and would clamp that mouth shut like a safe. So this afternoon when I was playing tug of war with Copper and her rope, I tugged and something flew out of her mouth. S grabbed it before she could eat it this time:



Does that not look kind of horrible? It feels kind of horrible clamping down on your hand when she readjusts her grip on the rope. The boy is convinced that he wants to be the "Dog Tooth Fairy" and leave bits of beef jerky out where the tooth used to be. Okay....if he can figure out how to fund that job and learn to fight off the dogs who try to take him down before he gets their teeth. Constantly smelling like dried beef might indeed be an occupational hazard, not unlike when Jerry Seinfeld(on his show) stuffed chewy lamb-filled napkins in his coat pockets and was chased down the streets by a pack of dogs. I can see my little spectacled boy running down the street, shoes on the wrong feet, with a bag of beef jerky in one hand, a bag of dog teeth in the other and being chased by a bunch of mongrels. I may have overblown the image a bit. Kind of like the old Coppertone baby with half a diaper being pulled off...but the horrible opposite. Okay, so I've talked myself out of letting him be the Dog Tooth Fairy. He'll just be a turtle dazzler for now.
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment