Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Boys...wow

First things first. We are all a little off our game here tonight. The fuzzy member of our family is staying the night at the animal shelter where we got her. No, we are not returning her. As part of our adoption fee and agreement, she went this morning to get spayed. Due to school pickup scheduling and having a husband who works out of town, there was no way to pick her up by four and pick up the oldest two at their activities and get to church by 4:30. Soooo, she she is staying night to be checked on and monitored. We also found out that we were given the wrong food amounts to give her. Poor little thing has been a hungry girl. No wonder we had the peanut butter nastiness earlier this week.

Tonight the boy's "boy-ness" came out in spades tonight. He is teaching me new terms all the time or reintroducing ones I hadn't thought of for years. Tonight was a new one. We were sitting, appropriately enough, with the pastor and his wife. The boy was enjoying the heck out of his burger, covered to the elbows with ketchup and mustard and having a case of the super sillies. I was trying to keep it all in perspective since this particular pastor tends to activate the silly parts of my child and I was trying really hard to not get angry. Our pastor had to take a phone call so his wife, the boy and I were left to eat and talk. All at once I heard him say in a not terribly loud, but very audible voice, "I guess I'll go dazzle the turtle in a minute." I looked at the pastor's wife who looked at me and we looked at the boy who looked smug and amused. "What did you say?". He smiled. "I just was basically saying I needed to go to the bathroom." The two adults at the table then laid our heads on the table and lost it. Bad. "Dazzle the turtle". What. On. Earth. I grew up with a big brother. I have heard every one of the euphemisms for going to the bathroom. Good gosh. I know it is not his original saying, but it wiped me out.

That kid. I'm in trouble.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

1 comment:

  1. I, personally, love the puppy stuff. But I am a shameless dog spoiler. Spent almost $200 this Christmas for my sisters' dogs.

    ReplyDelete