Wednesday, January 22, 2014

End of an era I'm afraid

One of my daughters has had the same best friend since age 2. Their birthdays are close together, same month, and her birthday was the very first friend birthday mine ever attended. They have always had the same opinions on things and the same quiet grace with which they navigate through life. But time goes on and things change. Different neighborhoods and different schools and different sets of friends. But still they stayed tight. But now something is different. With the advent of technology, messages are not returned or are slowly returned. My child, being insecure like her mother, wants to overmessage, asking what is wrong, did I do anything wrong, are we still friends. Pinky swears and BFF notes to each other are gone and have been replaced with questions and worry and empty places in the heart. All the hub and I can do is pray that life will once again circle back around and bring these two sweet souls back together. As a mom, it breaks my heart to see maturity and distance put a chink in such a special relationship. Until then, we will foster friendships as best we can and welcome with open arms when relationship is restored...and I pray prayer upon prayer that it will happen.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment