Sunday, January 19, 2014

Missing my babies

The house is so quiet right now. The kids got the opportunity to spend the long weekend away. There are many times I long for time to myself or a trip away or a trip away for the kids. When it actually happens, I am really excited for all of about 20 minutes and then I start noticing the silence. The term "the silence is deafening" is so true for our house. I cannot stand it. It is almost paralyzing to me. I know that it is vitally important for the hub and I to have time away from the children and they need to have that time from us. We are just not afforded that opportunity often and I am pretty darn attached to the little monkeys. There have been benefits. We have not had to watch one single Disney Channel or Nickelodeon program. We got to look at kitchen cabinet stuff without having to make sure hands weren't touching everything. And, excitement of excitement, we got to wash the dog tonight. I would show you the pictures, but all you see is a flash of brown and water drops in the picture. She took it about as well as expected and reacted as one would who received the biggest insult of their life. It was rather amusing.

Well, friends, time to get cleaned up and watch Downton Abbey. After last week's shocking episode, I honestly don't know whether I can stomach it. But I must see how poor Anna is this week. Until next time, friends.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

1 comment: