Thursday, January 2, 2014

Quirky girl I am

First off, today was a banner day for children in this family. My two youngest have saved their birthday, Christmas and commission money for quite a long time in hopes of buying something wonderful and exciting for themselves. Today was that day. We took a trip to the Apple Store and they both purchased, with their own money, iPad Minis. Pretty proud of those kids:



While I find the Apple Store frustrating and confusing, I have to say they are very good with kids who have saved their money and really praise them for doing so. Of course they would...ch ching in their pockets, but it means a lot to a parent trying to encourage kids to save.

Not that this is a surprise to me or anyone who knows me, but I have strange quirks that I have no explanation as to how they came to be. Here are just a few:

1. When washing my hair, I have to rinse my hands off first before I can rinse the shampoo out of my hair. Why?

2. I must turn the open end of my pillowcase inward so as to avoid any creatures, monsters or aliens from crawling inside it. You can never be too careful.

3. On ice cream Saturdays(the hub and I have our bowl of ice cream on Saturday), I have to eat my ice cream with the same spoon. I must confess that it is the same spoon that happened to walk out of Dietrick Dining Hall at VPI when I was a freshman in college. And, yes, the ice cream tastes better when it is used.

I won't share anymore. I don't want you all to think I'm even stranger than you already do. Just my quirk sharing for the day. I'm now off to read up on nippy puppies. Love little Copper girl, but her puppy nippiness is growing quite old and needs to be, ahem, "nipped" in the bud. Sorry about that.
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment