Monday, January 6, 2014

The snow came, but...

We woke up this morning to a nice blanket of snow on the ground. Nothing huge, but enough to make the grass disappear. The kids were excited although it was short lived, because I took one look at the temperature and knew there was no chance of outside play today. With the amount of snot currently found in our house, there was no way I was going to introduce snow to it and make it multiply. So we stayed in an had buttermilk pancakes and watched classic Star Trek episodes. The boy especially enjoyed his pancake ritual of getting to have a glass of buttermilk with his breakfast. The boy is just like his grandfather. He'd drink the whole bottle if I let him. As the temperature dropped, the puppy got more snuggly. At one point, she was half on a child while buried under two blankets. Funny thing, she is. About 3:00, we got a call from the school system that school was cancelled for tomorrow due to extreme temperatures. Again, my WI relatives are having a good chuckle right now, I'm sure. I must say that I am glad. One of S's friends has to stand at the bus stop for 20 minutes since her mom has to go to work. She'd be a popsicle before she got picked up. Brrr.

I'm off to get underneath some covers and drift blissfully off to sleep, warm and happy. Tomorrow should be an exciting day of nothing in particular but waiting for the next school day to arrive. Yuck.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment