Saturday, January 18, 2014

Kitchen conundrum

The hub and I are about thiiiiiisssss close to starting the true remodel on our kitchen. After living in the unfinished-ness of everything for a week at Christmas, I think it finally got to him and he couldn't take it anymore. This morning we hit two kitchen places and a granite/quartz place. Having had one drawing done, we felt the need to go to one more place, see their ideas and compare their price with the previous guy...who has been a flipping saint. He has drawn lovely possibilities, given us many(way too many)choices and measured every nook and cranny of our kitchen/breakfast room area. I like the fact that he has a design degree and really knew what he was talking about. But we must be fiscally responsible and comparison shop. We saw a nice lady today who helped us pick out a color that I loved. My concern was that she might be a bit too much of a "yes girl". Everything I said I liked, she said would be great. I pushed the issue and little and never really got a "no". If I said that I wanted alternating brass and brushed nickle knobs with a black granite countertop and a white farm sink, I hope she would have smacked me in the face as one would with a person who is hysterical. She is going to draw something out for us as well. I look forward to seeing what she pictures for us. My head is swimming, completely overwhelmed with the amount of possibilites available for a kitchen remodel. My brain was not built for that business. Not at all.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment