Saturday, December 21, 2013

Wrappin' and nappin'...just a little bit

I hope everyone has had a good weekend so far. I can't complain. My guilt comes from the fact that our church helped build a Habitat house and the dedication was this morning. Since G managed to get a nice yucky sinus infection, we felt that it was not in her best interest to be outside in possible rain or blucky weather. My brother and his wife went and said it was very nice. The two of them did a lot of the work on the build and wanted to be there to see the happy conclusion. I'm so happy for this sweet family.

After getting the sick and exhausted settled into chores and plans for the morning, the hub and I barricaded ourselves down in the basement to wrap some presents. The nosy factor runs high with some of the children, so the hub put old drop cloths all around where the staircase is so that unexpected visitors could not catch a glimpse of anything. It resembled the tenting the happened in Elliott's house in "ET". It was a maze of misdirection. It is amazing how many emergency questions come up when mom and dad are dealing in Christmas surprises downstairs. I think the boy wanted to eat every 20 minutes and asked every five. He's going to have another spurt here any day...either that or he has a worm. Wrapping, sorting and folding laundry and sweeping paper pieces up was finished quickly and then I went up to conk out for a power nap for 15 minutes.

After dinner we went looking at Christmas lights and then went home to get ready for bed. I found this picture and it made me happy:



A pig in boots. How much cuter can you get? Not much. Sleep sweetly with that image in your brain. I'm going to bed soon. Big day tomorrow. Night all.
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment