Thursday, December 26, 2013

My family mocks me...I'm not bitter

As promised, I allowed the children almost a complete day of sloth. We did make a trip to Target to find a game and Walgreens to buy some discounted after Christmas gift bags and plates. Gots to be prepared for next year's plates of goodies for neighbors. Anyway, the kids were enjoying a day of relaxation and watching various shows on Netflix. I was trying very hard to take some lessons on relaxation from the kids, but I could only take so much of Disney Channel programming and preteen angst movies. So when I finally got a vote in the television programming, I selected to watch that 1970's classic television action/drama, Emergency!, that I LOVED as a young child. My brother and I played John and Roy all the time and made the sounds that the call siren made in Station 51. We had the hats, we were super cool:



All I wanted was to watch a rerun of Johnny and Roy and Nurse Dixie and studly Dr. Brackett and kindly Dr. Early. What I got instead was 50 minutes of mocking...cruel, heartless mocking as John and Roy tried heroically to save ladies with questionable hairdos and wardrobes and the doctors were brought patients, driven on gurnies that were practically touching the floor, with rattlesnake bites and injured legs from dancing too hard. What is there to mock in that? The are community helpers as they help people who are taken to Rampart Hospital. So after my episode ended in a dramatic, but humorous way, the mocking continued. I was really hoping that when the hub turned his choice program on, McGyver, that the mocking would at least be close to equivalent. How wrong was I. There were a few comments about the various hairdos, but nothing nearly as cruel. I'll be okay, gentle readers, but I won't forget this. This mocking will not go unanswered, family. Mark my words. :0)
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment