Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Instagrammy double whammy

I have officially taken a drink of the Instagram kool-aid. This Advent season, our church is conducting a sort of social media experiment. Each day is assigned a word and people are asked to post on Instagram or Facebook(Twitter might be acceptable as well) a picture that makes them think of that word. Today was "Salvation" and my first attempt at snapping a picture I felt best captured the word. This is a bit of a stretch for me as I have never been one to paint a picture or photograph something somewhat obscure and give it a profound and common name. For example, if someone painted this picture:



and on the tag it says "Persistence", I would have been the one to say to myself, "Huh?". So who am I to take a picture of something, name it and assume that another person would agree with or understand my opinion? No one. BUT, that is the beauty of this season of Advent. It is a time of great anticipation for all of us, waiting and watching for the day when a little baby was born and changed the world forever. But it is also a very personal time for me, finding the beauty, the wonder, the excitement in the journey to the manger. So when I went to the art store, one of my favorite places ever, and saw the rows of beautifully colored pastels and pencils and watercolors and paints, I saw the beautiful light of the world in so many radiant colors. Sorry...my attempt to get deep for a second.

Whatever you do to celebrate or reflect during this season, enjoy the excitement and wonder. The gift we were given is the best one ever...and He was wrapped in cloth and put to bed in a manger....how beautiful is that?


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment