Sunday, December 29, 2013

Mom win...ah HA!

I had to go to work this morning. Sundays are a big day when you work with children in a church, so I was there in all my bleary eyed glory. I am not ashamed to admit that I have enjoyed sleeping in a little bit on Christmas break. I got a little spoiled. Unfortunately, the Keurig did not kick in and start working this morning. In a panic, I texted up to the poor hub who was still wiped out and exclaimed my concern with the coffee situation. This was met with an underwhelming response of "Okay. I'll look at it." Luckily, I had one little bottle of Lite Vanilla Frappuchino in my office fridge that saved my body from a caffeine deprivation incident. After work, I went home to find lots of strife and anger and frenzied cleaning. "Puppy Prep Panic '13" was well underway. Every little bit of Christmas glitter and ribbon and candy crumb and clothes tag was being obliterated from the house. The offspring were a bit miffed at the situation, but "no clean no pup" is quite the motivator.

After their chores were complete, they were allowed to view some television or make rubber band bracelets or whatever their hearts desired...as long as they didn't mess up what they had just cleaned. I came into the TV room from switching laundry around to find all the children glued to a riveting episode of Emergency!...all by their own choice. HA! They are hooked. We are currently watching it right now. I hope the puppy likes it. It looks like there are seven seasons to go through. Station 51...out.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment