Monday, December 23, 2013

The eve of the eve

How nice was it to sleep in today? Pretty nice, I'm not gonna lie. I felt a slight pang of guilt knowing that the hub still had to get up and go to work, but I got over it. I knew that I would have to go in and have a bit of time at work myself. The two youngest came in at a little before 7. I turned on the television and let them snuggle up to me and watch if they promised not to fight and squirm. The oldest snoozed away until the rest of us finally got bored and told her it was time to get up. The life of a middle schooler. The rest of the consisted of baking, cleaning, refereeing, sitting in a nerve destroying meeting and then baking again. I tried a new recipe, Buckeye Bark, which is like a chocolate covered peanut butter ball meets a Reese Cup. A mess to make and break into pieces, but yummy. S and the boy played "Ticket to Ride" while G looked through Netflix and did interpretive readings of Twilight Zone episode synopses. The "Living Doll" episode with Talking Tina was the best. She really should do shows. It was quite entertaining. After she was finished, the boy did his interpretive dance to the opening credits and theme song to "Chuck". We're getting down over here and getting ready for Christmas Eve. The excitement is palpable and the hours drag by for the children. This is the first year they all have done all of their shopping for others all by themsleves( with transportation assistance of course). They were given a few supplemental funds, but mostly used their own cash too. It is so fun to see how excited they are to give their gifts to their people. Pretty excellent to watch.

Time to finish watching Celebrity Game Night and then go to bed. Have nice night all.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment