Sunday, December 22, 2013

Poundin' out the pound cakes

My dogs are tired, friends. Tired. I have officially achieved "Chicken With Head Cut Off" status. This morning at work/church we celebrated with a birthday party for the baby Jesus. Sweet G and her friends got to sing to the other children and then they all got to go and have a special birthday cupcake as a treat. I haven't seen so many baked confections in one area since that Weird Al episode of Cupcake Wars my girls watched the other day. I tried to convince the kids to eat the cupcake "Cake Boss" style:



This provides one with a nice little cupcake burger and avoids the mess that comes with them. Most of them chose to eat it whilst still in the paper and others just went down and out animal at the trough style, eating it as though they were in some sort of pie eating contest. No hands necessary. The family and I also lit the Advent candle at both services today. It was an honor to do so, though humbling when I determined that I must need some Walgreens readers to read the print in our pew Bible. Jeepers I must be blind. We got it done and didn't set the poinsettias on fire or drop the microphone, etc. We also set the sanctuary up for our Christmas Eve service and cleaned up from the late service of today I arrived home, conked out sitting up for about 10 minutes, talked to my sweet friend A who provided an ear for me to vent into and then made two lemon pound cakes. Hopefully the neighbors will enjoy a few goodies this Christmas. For now, I just want to go to bed and sleep knowing that I do not have to set the alarm tomorrow. Happy Christmas to me!
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

1 comment:

  1. You and your family did a beautiful job of lighting the Advent candles. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete