Wednesday, December 11, 2013

One down...one to go

Tonight my two youngest had their performances for the children's Christmas program at church tonight. I know I am biased, but I so felt the spirit of Advent and Christmas in the voices and messages that the children presented. I love the big church program that they show on TV, I'm in that one(even though I have to look away when I am on the screen). This year's grown up program, with youth and children peppered in, had my two favorite songs of the season and really any season, "O Holy Night" and "Mary Did You Know". I cry like a baby every time those come on and I will to the day I die. But when I see any children singing, but especially my children(as any parent would feel about their own), it is such a sacred and holy moment for me. The honor and responsibility I have of caring for and watching these precious souls grow is so very humbling. With the year G has had, to see her get up there and sing/dance/act with such confidence is the best Christmas present I could ever have. And my sweet boy who is normally such a happy go lucky guy is so very business like and serious with his hands tucked into his pockets and his laser focus on his choir director...classic. There is no doubt he is singing; his annunciation is impeccable, but he is all business. The grown ups who have the responsibility to teach these children are saints in their own way and I am so very grateful for the committment they have made.

S has her band concert tomorrow night and we are excited to see her perform on the various implements of percussion with her bandmates. She is so very excited and will have quite the cheering section to hear her. After that, we will be done with performances and practices for a while. If we can muddle through the last week of school before Christmas, I think we will be good. It is a busy time, but I hope it to be a holy time as well. But for now...I am going to bed.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment