Sunday, December 8, 2013

Rainy singing day

Tonight was night one of our church Christmas program. All the days and weeks and hours of work are finally coming together in a show that will be seen on one of our local television stations Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. After a busy morning, I was really ready to take a long rainy Sunday nap, but I had to turn into beautician and try to tame G's thick, THICK hair into a wavy curled coif worthy of television cameras. Hot rollers did their magic...which lasted long enough to get to church and in the building before her hair loosened and lost all of those beautiful curls. Oh well. The program was beautiful. I got teary more than a few times, especially when "O Holy Night" was done in a most lovely way. The children who were singing were sandwiched in between my pew(the handbells) and the parent pew. We had to practice our tough love more than a few times. I think I may have to remove all of the pencils out of the pew. It is amazing how loud doing this on a bulletin is:



Especially when it is done continuosly for ten minutes straight. It sounds like it has a microphone on it...especially right in the middle of "Mary Did You Know". I'm sure I have a new reputation as meanest mom on the pew. Oh well. Not my first time, I'm sure. Another mom resorted to writing the offenders a note telling them to be quiet. To be fair, while good, it is a long time for 3-5 graders to sit and be quiet. I'm 41 years old and I can barely sit still for ten minutes myself.

Tomorrow night will be just as interesting I'm sure. They will have had a full day of school and the concert is 3.5 hours later. Things could get interesting for sure. Either way, the music will be beautiful and the spirit of Advent will be even stronger. Come join us!
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment