Sunday, December 1, 2013

A day off...well, not really

Today was my first Sunday off since probably May when we went to the world of the mouse for our vacation...boy I'd like to be back at that resort for another break. Anyway, we certainly have not been there recently in any way shape or form here recently. We all woke this morning later than usual, but somewhat rested. The mini hibernation was definitely needed. The hub woke with a weak, but renewed outlook on life. Mean wife that I am, I employed him, once he felt ready, to be in charge of the transport of all sick person clothes, blankets and sheets to the basement and into the washer. I soaked everything with Lysol and wiped down with everything else. The comforter has been put outside to air and sheets have been sanitzed. We will have no hot water for showers tonight, but those sheets will be clean. S and I have yet to succumb and I hope we can keep it that way. I will still make her go to bed with her hair up and a trash can by her side. Go ahead and call me paranoid. I will wear that title proudly.

As I write, te boy and G are riveted to an episode of Good Eats on how to make crackers. I think the episode on Phyllo dough is next on the schedule. Anything that teaches them a love for food and the science behind it is okay by me. Local celebrity sighting of the day: I saw our favorite radio personality, Frank Murphy, at our local Kroger today. Star struck as usual, I went up to reintroduce myself. I was very pleaed that he recognized me from our last meeting two years ago. He remembered the date and place and sent his best to the hub A class act he is as always. It of course never fails that I see one of our favorites plus several people from church when I run out in my grub pants and shirt, covered at least by my nice coat. I know I looked like one of those poor kids who escaped from the Temple of Doom, squinting and blinded by the sun that I had not seen in several days. Luckily I was just escaping from the sick house and not child labor by a heart ripper outer in a cave. I digress. Pray the stomach health holds. We really need a string of healthiness for a while. Really need it.

Time to go boil some noodles, peel some bananas and have some applesauce. Bland diets for the patients. Yum.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment