Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Party all day with the 1st and 4th grade...woohoo

Today was party day at school for the two youngest in our house. I knew that this meant I would not have dinner cooked or laundry done for the day because I would be helping little hands make crafts or pick their plate of snacks without OD'ing on sugar before they got on the bus. I had the talk with the boy more than once to try and at least be aware of what kind of clothes he put on this week. With lots of camera happy scrapbooking moms who have children in his class, he was bound to be in a few pictures. It sure would be nice for him to be remembered fondly and maybe not have his pictured mocked 15 years down the road as the kid in the picture who had the high water pants on or something like that. Truly it doesn't matter, because he's a super cool kid in my opinion. I picked out an outfit for him thus preventing a fashion emergency and frostbite if he decided to wear short sleeves. Win win. Waking up this morning, our house was the perfect temperature to hang meat, so all three children came down with their coats on, shivering and teeth chattering. I was tired and not firing on all cylinders, so I gave them their cereal, got all of their packs together and drove them to school, making the loop back to elementary school after making the middle school drop off. The first grade party was in the cafeteria and I took my place at the table helping the kids make Santa Clause ornaments. The boy's class filed in, ready to get their Christmas party on, and this is what I saw:



He wore his glow in the dark Halloween tshirt that I had deliberately hidden for the Christmas season. Nice. When I asked him why he wore a Halloween shirt to a Christmas party, he said, "Baby Jesus and Santa have bones. Should I put a Santa hat on to Christmas it up?". How can I get mad at that? Darn that kid.

G's class was a bit different. Now that they are fourth graders, they are trying to be cool kids but have the holiday fun too. I ended up making sausage balls and a new to us treat the kids are calling "Elf Eyes". I also bagged up a button wreath craft for the kids to make. Luckily G still wants me there and even hugs me in front of her friends. I'll take that all day long, friends. She and her buddy got serious about playing BINGO and making their crafts:



I'm glad I had the opportunity to spend that time with them both. They are growing up so fast and won't want me at their party soon enough. But for now, I'll put Santa heads together and make sausage balls anytime they ask...though I'll still try to make the boy not wear a skeleton for a Christmas party.
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment