Monday, December 16, 2013

Catching a few z's

I am in another period of extreme insomnia. More so than usual which really stinks it up big time. I spend lots of time flipping and flopping in the bed and wrapping myself up like a goldfish in toilet paper...oh yeah, I'll have to tell you that story sometime. Too tired tonight. My mind doesn't know how to slow down and so my body can't either. So when it is time for school pick up, I am snoozing in TWO lines, not just one. Let me tell you, ever since S started the big K several years ago, I used the pick up line as the place to get G's nap started and the boy calmed down in his infant carrier. I am proud to say that I have never fallen asleep and been the person to hold up the line. I have been close, like a literal open my eyes in time to throw it into drive and be right up with the next person. I have never had someone honk their horn or had the safety officer knock his billy club on my window...yet. This afternoon we were in a hurry since I had to get S, drive back and get G and drive her to an appointment. I made sure S knew to get out of school quickly and not to tarry. I had plenty of time to snooze before then, so I took advantage. I woke up to the boy saying, "Uh, Mom. Look." I focused my sleepy eyes and there was S, walk-running as fast as her skinny little legs could carry her. And she was carrying her huge scale model of the Katse Hydroelectric Dam in Lesotho. I could barely see her face, just the green mountains and the gray walls of the dam. That woke me up.

That is about as exciting as my life gets, once again. We are planning a trip to see Santa in the very near future, so hold on to your hats. That may have quite a story attached to it. I sure hope the pan flute guy is back again this year....


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment