Monday, December 5, 2016

Prepping

I am trying to get a little more hip and with it when it comes to decorating. Not just for Christmas, but in general. I did go looking for some holiday items today, but I felt like I didn't completely want to Santa-Ize the place and make sure there was a good portion of Jesus in there as well. All of these lovely reclaimed wood signs with all the cute sayings are so pretty, but I can't find many non-elf or Santa ones other than "Joy to the World". That's a good one, but I think I'm going to have to make some myself. Just for the record, I am in no way anti-Santa. As a person who works with children, I believe that Santa is an okay guy and that kids are okay to have fantasy and magic in their lives. I have a mantle filled with a Santa collection that has grown each year . Nick and I are tight. But even Santa knows what this time of year is all about. And I want to make sure my children, even at 9, 12 and 15, know that the baby in the manger is way more important than the reindeer with a shiny nose.

Enough of my soapbox. I couldn't sleep last night and watched the latest episode of The Walking Dead. Sheesh. I find the whole show fascinating. I really do think I'm going to have to go to McKay's and look for some used collections of the graphic novels to read. I am fascinated.

Oh. And I saw a mouse running across the 2x4 over our garage door a I was returning home from church tonight. Ugh.

Night all.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment