Wednesday, August 24, 2016

Attitude is everything

Perspective can sure knock you in the teeth when you need it the most.  I moped around all day, burdened with the information I had received about my friend and uncle.  Grumped and cried and stress baked some muffins.  I was sitting on the couch, eating my lunch and watching "Hitchcock/Truffaut"(excellent by the way), when I got a call.  My friend who had just received devastating news yesterday.  She was calling to let me know she would be going home tomorrow and that she missed her babies.  "I'm sorry I won't be there for my shift on Sunday.  I hate to inconvenience you."  I told her it was really okay and we would find someone, but would miss her.  "I have a long road ahead of me, but I figure it'll be about 6 months and I'll be back to hold my babies."  Kick me in the rear end and shame on me.  She has her future planned and has a goal to meet.  God bless her for that.  And God bless her for giving me some perspective. 

Night all.

No comments:

Post a Comment