Monday, February 15, 2016

Well, BOO!!

I understand that we live in the Tennessee Valley, a place where weather is wonky and school children are often left puzzled and disappointed. I also understand that I am in the minority here when it comes to my love of snow. This area is one that, when a storm is headed our way, we either get pummeled or completely passed over. Everyone kept saying that we were going to get hit...this was the one. As the day went on and the predictions and times for snow arrival had changed, the outlook was pretty clear that we were not going to get the massive snowfall(for our area)that had been predicted. My parents, an hour and a half up the interstate, got 6 inches. Too bad we couldn't teleport the kids and their friends up the interstate so they could play in the snow until they needed a hot chocolate and cookie break and then go back outside. Lather rinse repeat.

So even though the kids were off today for Presidents' Day, they had a yard full of slushy ice and rain and crud coming down that made for conditions that were unplayable. We ate pancakes, watched movies and hung clothes up for consignment sale. Thrills beyond belief. They will be glad to go back to school tomorrow I believe.

I am going to boil myself in the shower and get to bed. You could hang meat in this house.

Night all.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment