Saturday, February 20, 2016

Blah day, blah girl

It never ceases to amaze me how powerful the sun is. I'm not really talking about its heat or its energy or any of that stuff. I'm talking more about the power of its ability to buoy the spirits. I love winter and cold weather and snow, as you have heard ad nauseum, but I love sunshine. A good, dreary rainy day has its place, but as John Denver said, "Sunshine on my shoulders makes me happy..." Yesterday was glorious: sunshine, windbreaker temperatures and DRY. Today, when we had to be outside for soccer, was steel gray and windy and yuck. The outlook for the next few days doesn't sound much better. Oh well, we'll make our own sunshine. We'll figure it out.

I'm going to kiss my little sunshines goodnight. It is way past their bedtime.

Night all.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment