Friday, February 26, 2016

Comfort in a familiar face...

I'm not one for selfies, but I really wish I had taken one today. My oldest friend, S(who my S is named after), came through town on her way back to Atlanta today. We ate lunch at Litton's, a well known restaurant to locals(for my two readers who don't live here), and suffered the annoyed looks of the staff as we stayed and talked at our table for almost three hours. If there had been a major crowd, we would have left, but there wasn't so we didn't. She had been in the area to help her parents out while her dad had eye surgery. We talked about aging stubborn parents, the Oscars, the children and about 75,000 other things. Since my mom has been injured and it has just not been possible to go home without the risk of wearing her out and causing more pain if she tried to overdo it, I have been missing home and faces from home quite a bit. Seeing the same face that I have know since we were awkward almost teenagers was a welcome "homey" occurrence today. I am so very grateful for all of my dear, sweet friends...I don't deserve them. Today, I am grateful for my friend of almost 32 years. That's a long time. And I'm so glad. I needed a dose of home.

Night all.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment