Wednesday, February 3, 2016

Bad mom, great nap

There are so many things I could have been and needed to be doing today. So many. I woke up sometime in the night to hear a good hard rain a pourin' down on top of the roof. It sounded so nice and lulled me quickly back to sleep. When the alarm went off, I of course wanted to hit the snooze and go back to sleep. Didn't happen. We went through the usual morning rituals and I took the children to school...in the rain. When I got back, guilt overtook me as I looked at the huge pile of laundry in the basement, so I tromped down there to hack away at it. I pressed the fluff feature on the dryer to try and freshen up the current dryer residents before I folded them. With the washer going, the dryer finished flipping the clothes and I sat down in a comfy chair(in the dark) with a lap full of warm socks and "Parking Wars" on the TV. I got three pairs matched up and then BOOM...I woke up an hour later. I needed to make cookies and write letters and clean the kitchen and finish the laundry. Boy did that nap feel good, I'm not gonna lie. But the nap guilt lasted all day.

Got to get ingredients ready for tomorrow' spookiest dough prep. Making 30 dozen cookies for the Father Daughter dance on Saturday. Eek.

Night all.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment