Tuesday, September 1, 2015

I am the meanest

I know people get sick of my soccer stories and I totally get it. Fortunately or unfortunately, it is a big part of our life. As soon as they are tired of it and it becomes "unfun", we will move on to something else. But until that time, I want them to remain active and get their heartrates up and burn some energy off several times a week. Last night at middle school practice, G got cleated in the ankle by one of her wrecking ball teammates. It was mostly a clean play even though it is dirty to go cleats up at someone, but she needs to understand that she is going to be playing lots of wrecking balls in her middle school games. She was pretty sore and gimpy last night and continues to be today. She's even sporting nice cleat shaped bruises in that area. Unfortunately, the best remedy for the injury(besides icing)is keeping it moving and walking on it. She has a tendency to overgimp it a bit and, in the fashion of the boy who cried wolf, we sometimes are not completely sure when she is really hurt and when she is extra dramatic from being tired and a little bit hurt. I will admit that my empathy quickly leaves when this cycle begins and I often am way too insensitive when she just needs to be babied a bit...and don't we all from time to time? One time, when she was a bit younger, she was pushed on the playground and favored her wrist. The hub had just had back surgery and her brother came home from school with a 105 temp. My "Just suck it up" attitude kicked in, shame on me. We tried to go to the ER at Children's, but the wait was at least 4 hours sitting next to someone who appeared to have the plague, so we left. We ended up at the ortho ER the next day and found out she had fractured his wrist. Insert picture of me hanging my head in shame. I don't think her ankle is fractured, but there is always that little nagging in the back of my mind that makes me worry if it is more than just bruised. Either way, the sorrowful hangdog looks I am getting from the soccer field right now are making me feel like I am the grand prize winner of the "Worst Mother of the Year" award. Anyone want to get me a trophy? I'm sure my child will foot the bill.

Go ahead and judge me. I deserve it. Night all.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment