Wednesday, September 2, 2015

First world problems

I spent an hour on the phone with Comcast today. Now I was able to get some dusting done and picking up of little pieces of crud from around the room I was in, but an hour. They decided to shut off some of our service after migrating our account over and they didn't transfer all of our information. So now all of the things that we had recorded, like the children appearing on the news and a couple hard to find movies and documentaries that were needed for school projects are *POOF* gone. So now the grandparents can't see the oldest marching with the band when they come visit and we will have to pay unholy amounts of money to Amazon to try and find the necessary cinematic rarities for clas projects. Before anyone goes and hangs me for being a selfish and horrible human being, I know this is not world ending. People are starving to death right here in our own city...babies are born addicted to drugs and innocent people are being shot while having a night out on the town watching a movie. I wanted to get on a mini pity party this morning after realizing that things were gone that I really treasured, but shame on me. We have a house, clothes on our backs, food in our tummies and more blessings than we know how to handle. So what if my son's collection of "Rifleman" episodes is gone. He's happier folding paper airplanes and swinging outside with his sisters. The #firstworldprobz that people like to put up on Twitter and/or other social media outlets should really make us take pause and think. We, and I will insert "I" in there, have a way of confusing inconvenience with injustice. Shame on me for that. Shame on me. We all need these lessons now and then.

I will have to say as one last dig, that I believe the cable company could have made Mother Theresa herself throat punch someone through the phone. Just saying.

Night all.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

2 comments:

  1. Hi there, we're sorry for the trouble you had getting your issue addressed. Hopefully it was resolved but if not please let us know so we can make it right with you. -Cassie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there, we're sorry for the trouble you had getting your issue addressed. Hopefully it was resolved but if not please let us know so we can make it right with you. -Cassie

    ReplyDelete