Monday, August 31, 2015

Piles and no smiles

I went on a clutter rampage today. Hit my limit with the lack of "putting away" going on in the house. SO, I reverted back to my childhood when my mother would do her daily sweep of our rooms after we had gone to school. We would always have our beds made, because you never left home until the bed was made. You'd take a tardy before you left an unmade bed. I carry that feeling even now. I can't stand to leave my bed unmade. It doesn't bother me if other families don't do it, but our house's beds are to be made. So after we left, my mom would go through our rooms and place the clutter and mess in a pile either in the floor of our room or the middle of our bed. It used to burn me UP to see that stuff in there. Served me right, though. I knew that my stuff had a specific place to go and I didn't do it. I continued the tradition today and went through each room and piled up the crap in the middle of the floor. I had some not so nice things to say when I found stashed wrappers and crap stuffed in between the mattress and box springs. I did not react well. Nor did they when they arrived home to the mess...but what could they say? Needless to say, I did not win the mother of the year award in their eyes.

Not my first loss. Night all.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment