Friday, July 31, 2015

Store shopping on a Friday night is a poor choice

It is that time of the year where we need to be shopping for school supplies and clothes and shoes...and maybe a book from the summer reading list that had yet to be purchased. We knew that shopping would not be dull when we walked into the bookstore and were greeted by the Cat in the Hat and a man in a Cat in the Hat hat selling Nooks. He had a look like "Please just put me out of my misery now" on his 40+year old face. I can say that since I am 40+ myself. We found the necessary book and got out, just as a mob of preschoolers attack the Cat for a photo op. The mall wasn't much better, though we did manage to get her some Chucks from Journeys without too much craziness. I am so thankful that my oldest has a unique but tasteful style. The super duper short shorts where you can see the pockets hang lower than the bottom of the leg were the popular shopping wear tonight. The tighter the better. I'm just glad that the boy wasn't with us. We would have had to give him THE talk earlier than planned. There were also lots people in line for free samples at Williams-Sonoma. Someone just about cut a sister for some lemona and orange infused water. We saw a few familiar faces here and there. They all had our similar deer in the headlights look.

We are currently watching the premiere of "Descendants" on the Disney Channel because we need to watch some mindless stuff tonight. Night all.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment