Tuesday, July 14, 2015

The things he says...

As I have told you all before, our family loves to work our church's community meal as often as our schedule allows it. We tend to run the dishwasher and help with the serving when needed, but we'll do whatever they ask. Right after school got out, the boy decided he had to have a lemonade stand. As is the rule in our house, if you finance it yourself, you get to keep the profits. If you have mom finance your stand, the money goes to someone else. So he decided to have his profits go towards the community meal fund. Fast forward a month and a half, we had given his earnings to Mr. Richard who is in charge of coordinating the meal. As always, Richard was so grateful for the donation and so encouraging to the boy. Last Sunday, Mr. Richard gave the boy a thank you note and gift card. It was very kind and the boy was thrilled to receive it. After he opened it, looked at it and agreed to share some with his biggest sister(since she helped with the sale), the hub and I told him he needed to write Mr. Richard a thank you note for the gift card. He cocked his head to the side and thought a minute. "Sooo, I have to write him a thank you for his thank you to me?". "Yessir, you do. He didn't have to give you that treat," "I have to thank him for thanking me. Interesting. I just need to know...when does this cycle END?!?!". We laughed out loud and understood his frustration. But the cycle will not end with him. Sorry, buddy. I so admire his giving spirit and hope he never loses it. They broke the mold with that one for sure.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment