Thursday, July 16, 2015

Summer crud

Well, we had a good run, but someone had to break it. The boy woke up this morning sounding like a muppet and feeling like crud. Ears hurting and nose and throat feeling sketchy. I had to work this morning so I drugged him up and left him, teary, with his bigger sister while I took his biggest sister to band camp and went to work. Parent of the year here, but I could find no one to take my place. I won't get started on that, but I was not happy. When I finally returned home, he was in a ball under several blankets looking pitiful. Luckily we hit the pediatrician's office on a good day and we got the first appointment of the afternoon. He hit the jackpot. One ear has swimmer's ear and hurts really bad and the other ear has just a full blown ear infection in it. Right in time to leave for camp on Sunday. He got antibiotics, ear drops and a milkshake out of it and then got a trip to his favorite place, Jerry's Barbershop. The rest of the afternoon was spent taking care of the patient. Poor guy. I know he will feel worlds better tomorrow, but it makes the rest of today long.

Off to go snuggle up with the boy and watch superheroes. Best job in the world. Night all.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment