Sunday, July 12, 2015

Eve of a big day

Last year, I didn't take my daughter's journey into double digits well. Watching your child grow up is beautiful and painful at the same time. Tomorrow she will be 11. I just can't believe it. When we took her to the store to buy her some birthday tennis shoes that she wanted, the girl measured a women's size 10 shoe. Size TEN!?!?! My gracious sakes. I wear a size 10 or 11, depending on the shoe. Something else. I hope she gets as tall as the pediatrician predicted a few years ago. Again, I don't know how they come up with those predictions, but I would love for her to be tall. Right now she is curled up with her daddy watching a show about a veterinarian. It is a sweet sight to see.

I'm going downstairs to prepare the breakfast in bed tray for the girl. It is a family tradition to have a tray of breakfast, a loud happy birthday song and bright lights to wake you up on the day celebrating your birth. Lots of squinty eyed pictures of all of us growing up. My children will be no different.

Night all!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment