Wednesday, July 8, 2015

J-E-L-L-O night

Tonight was Jello Night at church for the youth. A night where the kids throw jello, slip and slide on jello, dive in it...whatever you can think to do with it outside among your peers. My girls were excited to go, well mostly. S had had major orthodontic work done today and, as anyone who has had braces knows, when those things get messed with and tightened, it hurts like nobody's business. I think it was also a night to get sibling aggression out by maybe washing someone's face in jello or dumping a bucket on their head. All's fair in love and gelatin fights. I watched for a little while and then ended up working childcare for our choir rehearsals. Since I don't have anymore of my own, I certainly did not complain when I got to hold a new little baby. He was cuddly and in a great mood. What a way to lower the BP on a somewhat stressful day.

I am glad that we have a church where the teens want to go hang out. I'm glad to have teens who want to go hang out at church. Win-win for us tonight.

I'm off to wash orange jello out of the tub. Night al.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment