Thursday, July 9, 2015

Book envy

I say this tongue in cheek for sure, but I have book envy. My good friend has written and published a book on suviving divorce. This weekend is her launch party and I am so very excited for her. She survived a difficult divorce, but then I guess that is a repetitive statement. No divorce is a happy one...at least not all the way. She has managed to take her faith and her humor and meld it into a book that is informative and to the point. It is called ""How to Get Divorced Without a Shovel" by Sabrina Jones. Check it out. Someday I hope to write a book of my own. It will most surely be located in the comic pamphlet section of your local Shoney's. I'll let you know when it gets there.

We were all quite scattered today. S had percussion training all day with a bunch of funny boys with interesting language. She was good and sweaty by the time I got her. G went swimming with the youth group. Upon our arrival to get her, she looked as though someone had boiled her face. She got sunscreen everywhere else, just not her face. Interesting. The boy was the drag along kid today. He got dragged along everywhere I had to go today. He did receive a reward of a Twister on this hot afternoon. Swirled soft serve and Reese's Pieces fuel him for days like this.

Currently we are in our usual spot: soccer practice. The kids are going to burn straight up. It's okay. Their friends are here, so it is social time too. I'm looking on Pinterest for craft room ideas. I'm a party animal.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment