Wednesday, July 15, 2015

No A&E show for us

Friends, things have gotten real up in this house. I'm about to blow the basment up and start from scratch. I have started the process of pitching and tossing crap in the basement. I was going to have a yard sale, the kids wanted one, but it is not going to happen. A few extra bucks to add to the rainy day fund would be great and yard sale people watching is primo, but it would just prolong the process. I would transfer crap from one room to another and that isn't going to happen. I already have plans to make several runs to KARM in the next days and weeks(I hope not weeks). The books that I need to get rid of but can't bear to get rid of will go to a teacher friend of ours. My mom is taking all of the clothes to organize them for consignment or donation. And we may have to get a little dumpster delivered to shove the rest in...no it is not that bad, but it feels like it. I sorted bags and duffles and suitcases today whilst watching or listening to "The Rifleman". If you've never seen this gem of a western, I weep for the hole in your TV viewing arsenal. Chuck Connors was the man:



Anyway, old western reruns and lots of music are going to get me through this process. Pray for me, friends. I really need this done. The mess is unbearable. The Cook family is no longer receiving donations from people who give things to us because they can't bear to give them to an organization. I need the basement back for the fall. WIth three children in three different schools and stages of life, i am going to be doing a lot of stress sewing. I need my space.

Night all.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

2 comments:

  1. yes, love that Rifleman....wikipeadia him...hes had an amazing sports career " He is one of only 12 athletes in the history of American professional sports to have played both Major League Baseball and in the National Basketball Association." the quote thing is cut an paste Wiki...I'm not THAT articulate... anyhow..I've seen every darn one. and the kid, Johnny..you tube him and his starlight something Big Band..fun times.. 8 pm every night is re runs of The Fugitive..sigh...I've looked up everything possible about David Janssen, and even re named my feral cat Dr. Richard Kimball, luvs, Adrienne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes! I know his history well! My brother and I have watched his show since we were little people. He is the epitome of cool. Straight up.

      Delete